Northside Indoor Rules
1. Ball Size – We will be using a futsal ball for all age groups.
2. Game Time – Games will be two 18 minute halves. The clock will not stop for injuries or other needs. There will be a 1 minute halftime.
3. Home Team – The team listed 1st on the schedule is the "home" team. The home team will kick off.
4. Visitor Team – The team listed 2nd on the schedule is the "visiting" team and will defend the goal of their choice.
5. Equipment – All players must wear matching uniforms, shin guards, and proper footwear - turf shoes, soccer flats or sneakers. We will have training bibs on hand for any conflicts with uniform color; these will be worn by the away team per the criteria above. All jewelry (rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, hair beads) must be removed prior to play.
6. Substitutions – Field Player substitutions will be made on-the-fly. The coaches will need to manage this to ensure the flow of play is not disrupted. Goalkeeper substitutions require referee acknowledgement.
7. Ball out of Play – The ball crossing the touchline as well as any balls that hit the ceiling will be played back in via kick-in; these are indirect.
8 Free-kicks Violations – All free-kicks are indirect free-kick consistent with FIFA Law 12. The referee will move the opposing team 5 steps from the ball. All penalty kicks will be from field mark and are direct. All kick-offs are indirect. Sliding and slide-tackling are not permitted and will result in an indirect kick.
9. Half-line Rule – The ball must either make contact with a player or the field before crossing the half line after a goal-kick or goalkeeper release. Violations will result in an indirect free-kick for the opposing team at midfield.
10. Build out lines – The build out line promotes playing the ball out of the back in a less pressured setting. On goal kicks, the opposing team must move behind the build out line until the ball is put into play. After the ball is put into play the opposing team can cross the build out line and play resumes as normal
11. Off-side – There is no offside.
12. Passback to Keeper – The keeper may not handle a ball passed by a teammate, except as provided for by FIFA rules. Violations will result in an indirect free-kick for the opposing team from the spot of the infraction.
13. Scoring – 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss. Teams failing to be on the field at the designated time of their game may be awarded a forfeit with a 3-0 win given to the opposing team. Ties will be decided by the following sequential criteria: a) Head-to-head (This is dropped in the case of more than 2 teams tied) b) Most wins c) Goal differential (a maximum differential of 5 goals per game will be used) d) Least goals allowed e) Coin toss